Flags

free counters

Monday, December 5, 2011

Cilantro Garlicky Green Thai Eggplants




I am in love with eggplants aka aubergine. I love them. It is my ultimate comfort food. As much as I love chocolate, eggplants always come first. Last Sunday, I got 4 pounds of these cuties at the farmers market. It was all gone in 5 days. Here is one of my easy super fast lunch or side dish. Besides, eggplants are very rich in phenolic antioxidant compounds !!!
Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
 8 Green Thai eggplants
olive oil 3 to 5 tbs
3 garlic cloves(sliced or pressed)
1 handful of minced cilantro
1 medium white onion minced
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of ginger powder
Freshly grounded black peeper and salt to taste.

Instructions:
- Remove stem and wash eggplants.
- Cut these cuties in quarters
- In  warm pan put olive oil,add garlic add onion and eggplant, then spices
- Stir fry until soft but still firm even to hold they shape.
- Enjoy!!!

Try to use Green Thai eggplants when seeds are still light. Darker seeds increase bitterness.
If you do not like seeds this eggplant is to for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoy and share

Share |