Flags

free counters

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baked vegetarian spring roll

My first year in college, my classmate Muriel did teach me how to make delicious chicken spring roll. She is a fifth generation Chinese descendant born and raised in French Guyana. I dearly cherish my freshman year in Toulouse. I befriended people from all over and tasted all their delicious favorite recipes. We used to get together twice a month and cook until we could not eat no more.
Besides the best recipes are the one taught by someone. You can remember each steps. With time, I put a little more of me to make it my own. I like it  as a vegetarian baked appetizer, or a I add the chicken to make fried spring roll..It is delicious because the fresh  ginger is the soul of this recipe.
Of course I love the fried version better but the baked version is good and healthier!!! And the truth is that I am not a teenager anymore! Fried food cost too much  working out!



 Ingredient:
5 medium shredded carrots
5 Green leaves of Napa cabbage shredded
5 baby Bok Choy shredded
2 large onion sliced
4 handfuls of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup of Asian chive( my new addiction)
1 handful of Mung Bean noodle also named cellophane noodles
1/4 cup of dry black Asian fungus shredded once soaked
3 inch long young ginger root chopped
Black pepper, salt to taste
2 tablespoons of dry ginger
1 tablespoon of coriander
1 pound/500g , one bag of soy beans or mung bean sprout
1 pack of spring roll sheets( Always always Menlo  brand )
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
olive oil
Recipe is coming...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoy and share

Share |