Flags

free counters

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Eastern" Cajun Blackened Salmon

It all started with frozen salmon fillets. I do not like frozen fish but I eat it. One evening, I was craving fish and all we had was frozen salmon. So I mixed spices to cover up "the frozen part". I am calling this a "Eastern cajun" mix because I could not resit to add some sumac into the mix. Since I purchased a large bag of sumac,  I am sprinkling it everywhere lately. My little assistant likes  its lemony taste so he was pleased.

The Eastern Cajun mix
1 tsp Sumac
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp oregano ground
1 tsp thyme ground
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt


To marinate, I combine the mix with 3 garlic cloves pressed and 3 Tbs of olive oil  with my thawed fillets for at least 30 min.I cooked it under the broiler for 15 min (skin down and a little more olive oil on top). It was lemony and spicy. I made a barley risotto as a side. It was my first time cooking barley!! I did not like it, even with the mascarpone and Parmesan!!! Barley and I, we are not friend yet! I need to get used to that chewiness... My son did like it so I had to pretend that I like it. Yes, the hot and spicy salmon saved my dinner!!! So this Eastern Cajun Mix would be used again in our cooking lab for express tasty meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Enjoy and share

Share |